Points of interest:
- He’s occasionally funny
- He consistently appropriated the PoC, Jewish, and female struggle against oppression
- He made a “joke” about his frequent use of the word “fuck” by claiming he had Tourettes
- Made several racist jokes/phrases (e.g. called an Asian a “little ninja” when she ran up onstage to give him a letter*), etc…
- *He made a joke about prior incidents when he was attacked by people running up onstage (reference to the trans* glitter bombings, anyone?)
- Used fag as a derogatory term (He used it to refer to Marcus Bachmann and a hamburger).
- A woman asked what to say to people who say “That’s so gay” and Savage told her to go up to them, be snarky, and say that “[insert thing that was called gay here] definitely takes it up the ass.”
- Tacked on the “T” to LGBT whenever he felt like it, but never addressed trans* issues apart from trans* people being affected by anti-gay bullying.
In conclusion I’m glad I went to see what he was really like, but I totally wish I had some glitter with me.
Oh look, he’s still a grade A douche but as long as he talks about gay rights its perfectly ok to keep him around even though its obvious what he stands for: As long as you are for gay rights everything else like the racism, heteronormative stuff, ableist, sweeping the uncomfortable thing about Trans* people under the rug we can keep using him to promote happiness and stuff. Seems legit.